Tuesday, May 18, 2010

6 films: My Opinion

3 Movies I enjoyed most and why

1. Pulp Fiction: Pulp Fiction is a classic film and one of my favorites of all time. It has memorable dialogue and action. It is a good example of a film whose plot jumps around and ends where it started.

2. Double Indemnity: I had never seen or heard of this film and before this class I had never been a fan of classic black and white films. This class opened up my eyes to the greatness of these films. The really liked the filmoir genre and this movie made me appreciate films of the past in a way I never thought I would. I watched it from a historical sense and appreciate its value to the film industry.

3. Raging Bull: I am a huge Robert DeNiro fan and I like watching Martin Scorsese films. I had not seen it before this class but was always interested in watching it. I'm glad I was able to watch it and get an inside perspective on the techniques used to film it.

Films that Should be Seen in Future Classes

1. Citizen Kane: According to you and several classmates it is considered the greatest film of all time. That is a huge statement and I wish I had the opportunity to watch the film that was the standard that all films after it tried to reach.

2. The Godfather: In class there were a ton of references to the Godfather be it the director, cinematographer or the actors. As a film fan I'm embarrassed to admit i have not yet seen them. I really want to and would have liked to hear your insight on what to look for or notice as I watched this classic.

3. City of God: I love this movie but it is very graphic in its content but the reason I chose it was because it is a foreign film. Film extends beyond the United States as we all know, and watching and learning about foreign film would further expand my interest in film.

No comments:

Post a Comment